Thursday, August 03, 2006

An "almost" visit from a blogger!

Expat was talking a couple posts back about a visit with fellow blogger, Christina. (a nice photo posted there of the two lovely ladies) I was just about to experience the same - a visit from a fellow, far away, blogger - only I received an email as follows:

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately our plans for staying in Calgary are not going as we first had planned. Apparently those who have white carpets, white walls, white nurotic dog and two income no kids does not mesh well with a four kid family. So we are leaving Calgary one day early. I'll tell you more about it when I get home. Sorry we'll have to miss getting together.

TTYS,

Chrystal


Chrystal, whom I introduced to you in February, was going to drop in for a visit with Chris. This would have been my first visit with Chris, and the first since their wedding in March.

Sad as the situation was, I did get a chuckle out of a comment in an email to follow...



"WHY THE HELL WOULD ANYONE INVITE A FAMILY OF SIX TO STAY WITH THEM IF THEY COULD NOT MAKE ANY NOISE AS IT WOULD DISTURB THE ANIMALS."

I'm so very sorry we didn't get to visit, however as I have said to Expat, perhaps I'm due for a west-coast tour. Benefits to having me over? I'm kid-friendly, I don't bark, I'm not neurotic that I know of, I can cook and I come with my own house!

(reminds me of something I read the other day... "If a turtle loses his shell is he then homeless, or just naked?")

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I think maybe the hosts wanted to do something in theory that they couldn't carry out in practice. But it sure don't seem like they're a barrel of laughs.

Granny said...

That sounds uncomfortable to me. Just a misunderstanding between the parties I think.

Sarah Elaine said...

Humans are funny creatures, really.

As for the turtle without the shell... all I can think of is "cold", perhaps?!

Unknown said...

ok, that is funny...

Now is that you in the pic there? (I've forgotten since you post so many pics of yourself!) hehe...

Oh well, I think it's a west coast thing that we don't get visitors.

About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
English student, Pottery enthusiast, Yoga novice and lover of all people. I make friends over a warm handshake and a beverage. I discover, every day, someone willing to help me along my path.