Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The song that inspired the show

Listen to Room Service

/ when a hotel room's the closest thing you got to home / you could be in philadelphia you could even be in rome / you gotta dial nine to get an outside line / i even need a concierge just to take a drive - it's a crazy life / i hope to see you smile - but i'm always wrong / it's a different melody but the same old song... / ya i've been on the road nearly all my life / been around the world 'bout a thousand times / still a knock on the door makes me nervous / i think i'll see you standing there - but no / it's only room service - ya room service / i've been living out my suitcase as long as i remember / life's the same - it doesn't change - it's a gibson or a fender / i still think about you babe - i swear sometimes i see your face / these are crazy days / ya i think i hear your voice - but it's just a dream / it's a brand new movie but the same old scene / ya i've been on the road nearly all my life / been around the world 'bout a thousand times / still a knock on the door makes me nervous / i think i'll see you standing there - but no / it's only room service - ya room service / ya know i wouldn't change a thing - no / i'm just waiting for the bell in room to ring / i hope to see you smile - but i'm always wrong / it's a different melody but the same old song...

2 comments:

Sarah Elaine said...

Sounds like a great show!

Tried to listen to the song, but after 9 minutes, it was only 24% through the buffering process, so I gave up. Oh well...

Glad you enjoyed your evening!

Turtle Guy said...

hmm... i downloaded it within 30 seconds... was your pc busy with other applications? odd...

About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
English student, Pottery enthusiast, Yoga novice and lover of all people. I make friends over a warm handshake and a beverage. I discover, every day, someone willing to help me along my path.