Saturday, January 07, 2006

A good laugh at my expense!

Remember IPODMAMA's reference to "Turtle-Guy-Cold"? It was in reference to a comment I made on the expected weather patterns here in Clagary this weekend. I was surprised when I heard a vastly different forecast yesterday. I figured with the changing weather patterns in Calgary, anything's possible. Well, I found out today where my information came from. I was sitting, drinking my morning cofee, while in the background a local radio station blurted out once again this really odd weather forecast! I looked at the guy next to me, he looked back, then around the room to get the reactions of the three or four OTHER people sitting there in awe. The forecast went something like: "This weekend expect lows of -17... followed by a high of +30!" What!? "You too can fly to Mexico this weekend at phenomenal savings!"

IT WAS A FRICKIN' AD FOR TRAVEL!!

The first time I heard this last week, I was in that zone of half-listening to a background radio in the barber shop - picking up bits and pieces because I was really more interested in the NEWSPAPER!

All this from the guy who is TRAINED in Radio Broadcasting!

BAHHH!!!!

So, to IPODMAMA and all who read my inaccurate forecast, have a giggle and chalk it up to absent-mindedness!

6 comments:

ipodmomma said...

good luck with the tips!!!

I mean a lot of good luck... :))) I'm not a programmmer, by any stretch!!!

I know that feeling of being cooped up, and just wanting to throw the doors wide open... I used to do that a lot, and the past few years have been quiet... which I have had to learn to embrace...

so, in the silence, there are things to be heard... just have to open ones ears to hear a new tune...

Granny said...

Yep - great blog roll. I skipped over the one I was reading to take a look at yours.

Sarah Elaine said...

Ah, the power of advertising, eh? I'm sure we'll get -17 C soon enough... ;-) Ole!

ipodmomma said...

looks great!!

very nice... :)))

Andrea said...

that is funny!
hehe
But in Vancouver the weather really does change every 5 minutes.
One summer we had the radio news man sitting there telling us about our blue skys and warm weather, but outside we were being pelted by a hail storm that caused a major mud slide. I have stopped trusting the weather reports and just opening my window.

Anvilcloud said...

Mistakes, if that's not too strong a word for such a trivial thing, make life interesting. Glad you can laugh at yourself.

About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
English student, Pottery enthusiast, Yoga novice and lover of all people. I make friends over a warm handshake and a beverage. I discover, every day, someone willing to help me along my path.