Sunday, August 08, 2010

Who you don't meet...

I did a 50th Anniversary party for a couple tonight who were referred to me by Pam at 5 Star Events. Pam and I have worked together for a few years having a mutual connection with Mike Drummond - the fellow I visited in Naniamo earlier this year. As I was loading out, a gentleman approached me on his way out the door, remarking that I looked awfully familiar. I told him who I was and immediately recognized him as well.

Harold Cliff was my principal at H.D. Cartwright school back in the early 80s. It was a very quick hello and catch up, but I did feel I should remind him that my Mom taught him years before that. We shook hands, laughed and carried on.

Before leaving the parking lot, I ran into a girl who had been at the hall helping Pam earlier in the morning. She introduced herself as Jen Cliff. She's Harold's daughter. We yammered on for a bit about "2 degrees of separation" and all that. Turns out she heads up the social committee at her office and said she'd be in touch around Christmas.

I think I blogged a long while back about the time I used to complain to my parents when they'd always meet someone at the mall and I never did.

"Just wait until you're our age..."

And you know what? They were right.

1 comment:

Anvilcloud said...

There is a well known Drummond family around here. Their foundation has a lot to do with a Country Music Jam held in these parts.

About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
English student, Pottery enthusiast, Yoga novice and lover of all people. I make friends over a warm handshake and a beverage. I discover, every day, someone willing to help me along my path.