Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chez Tortue avance

I'm not sure how accurate the title is on a couple of fronts: grammatically, it's a stab in the dark, literally it's probably more accurate. I cleaned out the kitchen last night. The cubboards are going to be a whole other project, but the room itself has literally doubled in preceptual size.

Going through other people's stuff is so much easier than deciding what to do with my own, but I must admit that the whole yoga notion of "non-attachment" is growing on me, and quite naturally. I was chatting with a friend last night about this whole business and she asked me what I was doing with the stuff I didn't want. I said,

"Throwing it out."

She was shocked.

"You mean you're not boxing it up for donation or anything?"

"Nope. There's a certain satisfaction in just... throwing it out. Besides, it's full of bad energy - who wants THAT?"

Silence.

"I guess you're right. But if you have any furniture..."

Sold, one couch.

Y'know, I clued in a few years ago to the notion that space is more valuable than stuff, and I refer to Bob Hope's comment on the subject,

"Buy land. They're not making it anymore."

But more to the point, with more space, there is also room for more energy. I remember back to my early days of running the business when I was aquiring capital assests. I looked around. All the SUCCESSFUL companies had STUFF, and lots of it. So I went about aquiring stuff. It felt comfortable having it all around because that was a sign of success, right? Meh.

I love my new guest room. In fact, I've taken to sleeping there since it's rebirth back on Friday. It feels great. The kitchen is... on its way, but certainly much better than it has been.

More later on the progress of Chez Tortue, but right now I have a coffee brewing.

Turtle out.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
English student, Pottery enthusiast, Yoga novice and lover of all people. I make friends over a warm handshake and a beverage. I discover, every day, someone willing to help me along my path.