Thursday, October 25, 2007

I need a word...

Something's been bugging me lately.

You know those little word plays we did as kids? I have one running through my head, and I need a word to complete it. Maybe you can help?


SEE YOU LATER,
ALLIGATOR





IN A WHILE,
CROCODILE





SEE YOU SOON,
RACCOON

...and here's the stumper...


I cannot think of a phrase for TURTLE!
What rhymes with TURTLE??

Help!

---------------
9:54AM - I went Googling to discover that, according to ForeWord Magazine, there is a book called

"Real Soon, Raccoon! What to Say After "See You Later, Alligator" and "After While, Crocodile"
by: Roger Sperberg; Jill Kimball, Illustrator

The review I read went on to say:

"The idea started simply enough. Upon leaving the building, a neighbor said, "See you later, alligator," to which Sperberg's son, Sam, replied, "After while, crocodile." Sam's mother, illustrator Jill Kimball, added "Real soon, raccoon." Sperberg said after that, he, his wife, and son would exchange similar lines as he left for work each day. The book grew out of these exchanges."

...still has me wondering about TURTLE.

8 comments:

ipm said...

been a busy blogger lately...

don't know any that have turtle in them... what a shame!

Granny said...

Too soon baboon.

Myrtle rhymes with turtle.

Anvilcloud said...

Got me.

Bare said...

Hmmmmmmm, I'm really gonna have to think on that one-- I've never thought about it before, but now, I'm gonna have to really put some thought into it :0)

Anonymous said...

Hurtle rhymes with turtle. It means to move rapidly.

So after real soon racoon, you could say, I'll hurtle, turtle.

J.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Dave,

I think the problem is that there is no parting words that rhymes with turtle.

Janice~

cat59 said...

How about using "Dave" instead of turtle. . .Give a wave, Dave.

Janice Seagraves said...

Oo-oh I got one!

Ta Ta Turtle!

What so you think?

About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
English student, Pottery enthusiast, Yoga novice and lover of all people. I make friends over a warm handshake and a beverage. I discover, every day, someone willing to help me along my path.