Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Water for a week Day 3

A quick update on my experiment.

Back a couple posts I spoke of eliminating all beverages but bottled water from my diet for a period of one week. I want to see if I "feel better" for it.

Sunday at Midnight was my start time.

Sunday went fine with the exception of a little temptation to cheat with a coffee at the AGM I attended. Turtle power prevailed, and I was able to ward off the deamons of alurring caffeine. Sunday evening we were at my sister's for a belated birthday celebration... I was able to decline the usual after-dinner tea.

I did not sleep well that night. I woke up all a-buzz: my mind off in ten different directions... at 4 AM! My neck was cranky too, so that didn't help. However, I've chalked it up as "withdrawl trauma" and have quite successfully made it through yet another day without pop, juice, coffee, tea or liquor.

One thing I noticed yesterday: The more water I drank, the more I wanted to drink. I seemed to be "more thirsty" than I ever have been. Am I losing my mind, or is this something that's supposed to happen?

Someone said to me yesterday,

"So you're giving up everything but water... for a week?"

"Yup - just to see what happens."

"Good luck with that."

Today is also Day 3 for weight lifting. Yesterday was, shall we say, educational. I discovered just HOW weak my left side is compared to my right. Comforting words from my Chiropractor:

"Don't get discouraged... it will probably be two months before we can increase the weight. This is normal." I also borrowed my x-rays from back in December to take to massage therapy on Thursday. I may post about those seperately... there's a lot there.

So... onward. Day Three... bring it on!

3 comments:

Bare said...

Keep up the good work! You know, I know that eliminating anything but water from your diet will most defintely help you lose weight. My friend, Michael, lost 18 lbs last month after drinking nothing but water :0)

oshee said...

I am impressed. Keep up the determination. Your body should adjust to the only water soon enough. I have heard that if you start drinking more water you have to urinate more frequently but eventually your body gets used to it and things return to more normal. Feeling thirsty more often might be a similar something.

Anonymous said...

For me, the first 3 or 4 weeks is the hardest. I cheat every now and then now, but I know that I'm in control, not the other way around and what a difference to the body, mind and spirit.

About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
English student, Pottery enthusiast, Yoga novice and lover of all people. I make friends over a warm handshake and a beverage. I discover, every day, someone willing to help me along my path.