Wednesday, November 23, 2005

stress? what stress?

I read an article today on how our mayor, Dave Bronconnier handles stress. Yes, even the Mayor has to do it! It would be nice if someone ELSE handled our stress, I'd be the first to sign up for THAT, but alas, stress is something that exists in everyone's life and we all have to deal with it one way or another. For Mayor Dave, physical exercise is the key. The writer of the article polled a number of people, and exercise is listed as the most common relief. What if I don't wanna? What if I believed there was a better way to beat stress (for me)? I think identifying the areas that cause the most stress and managing them is the key. The Calgary Health Region issues a magazine called APPLE. In this month's issue there's an article on how we've become sleep deprived as a nation. The average person is getting as much as 2 hours LESS SLEEP now than a century ago. Sounds like a lot of time, but let me assure you, times change, so do habits. Perhaps adopting a "less-stress" lifestyle is the key. I'm going to look in to this and post some more later.

3 comments:

Sarah Elaine said...

I have a cousin who says, "I don't do stress." And he doesn't! Quite admirable, really...

As for exercise... dunno... my exercise program seems to cause me some stress... which is then later relieved (in moderation) by tequila...

Round and round we go...

Turtle Guy said...

only tequila?

Granny said...

I read somewhere that stressed spelled backward is desserts.

Sorry I can't give credit. I can't remember which blog I read it on

If I stumble back across it, I'll let you know. The whole thing was funny.

About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
English student, Pottery enthusiast, Yoga novice and lover of all people. I make friends over a warm handshake and a beverage. I discover, every day, someone willing to help me along my path.