Saturday, October 10, 2009

Birds of a feather...


...follow me around the yard.

Back in May I went out to a guest ranche east of the Cypress Hills, south of Maple Creek, Saskatchewan to do the music for a friend's wedding.

As soon as I got out of the van, I'd made a friend. The locals were going on about how I "...should be cafeful - it bites." All the while, anyone who approached - and I'm sorry, I'm not sure if this is a girl bird or a boy bird - my friend, would get snapped at, or walked away from.

I was followed.

Relentlessly.

It would appear that I was to pet said bird - else I'd get nuzzled to the point of agrevation! One of the fellows in the wedding party agreed to play photographer for this shot, and no one believed I could get that close.

It was bazzaar, yet kinda cool.

1 comment:

Janice Seagraves said...

Ah, the pretty birdy thought he/she found a mate. I guess the goose was disapointed when you went home.

Janice~

About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
English student, Pottery enthusiast, Yoga novice and lover of all people. I make friends over a warm handshake and a beverage. I discover, every day, someone willing to help me along my path.