Monday, December 01, 2008

Life is pretty darn good.

Yup. Lots going on here - back to pottery, made a really cool piece today, but I won't disclose its particulars until it's complete. One beautiful and universal truth about pottery is that you should never attach yourself emotionally to any of your pieces since at any time they could either become something else, or bust... which I guess, in a way, is something else!

Yoga's proving to be beneficial. Last Thursday, the chiropractor asked what I'd been up to.

"Welcome to our place of healing"

was quickly followed by

"You need some Active Release, but your adjustments are very minor today."

He wasn't at all surprised when I told him what I'd been up to yoga-wise.

"Keep up the yoga!"

Yes sir. No problem. You see, I found the 'high' - that sense of euphoria that people who do sports feel when they're on their game. Yoga does it for me - a high, even on a bad day. If you want in on my sort-of-yoga-log, sometimes simply comments on the yoga world in general, go to The Ashtanga Turtle.

Did I tell you I bought a guitar? No?

I bought a guitar. It's even USB ready, and you can tune it electronically on line. Cool, eh?

Work moves along swiftly - not a lot to tell, it's pretty status quo, but doing what it's supposed to. All I can say about what stands out are the guys who work for me - they're amazing... always stepping up to the plate when the bell rings.

I've had a devil of a time getting my house in order... my real house - the place where I hang my hat. I'll try to post pictures soon, but we recently installed a new tub with shower surround and new overhead rain shower head. Some parts are still on back order, so it's not quite ready, and the bathroom is due for a fresh coat of paint, but moving forward nicely.

Sir William is right at home, taking to sleeping on the bed these days too. I think he's warming up to me and his new surroundings rather nicely.

Still miss Tiki though... she ran away back in July... *sigh*

More later,

Turtle out.

3 comments:

ipm said...

nice to hear things are coming along...

highs and lows, all part of life!

Anvilcloud said...

I'm glad that it's going well for you. Pottery and yoga seem to be things that you need at this point. Enjoy.

luna pie said...

Well, it's only been a mere eternity since I have left a comment ~ thank you for continuing to send me words of congratulations and well wishing.
I see your life has taken a real series of ups and downs latley - I'm glad to see that life IS pretty darn good these days! :)

I just wanted to say happy holidays!

About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
English student, Pottery enthusiast, Yoga novice and lover of all people. I make friends over a warm handshake and a beverage. I discover, every day, someone willing to help me along my path.