Friday, December 28, 2007

Turtle's travels

You might be wondering where I've been as of late. I think it best to show you in pictures.

Once the craziness of the Christmas party season subsided, my social schedule seemed to ramp up.

Here we go...

The Friday before Christmas (also the first official day of winter) brought some warms social occasions:



Dinner with my friends Bob & Lori and Leigh Leigh and I are sporting the scarves Lori made for each of us.

Then it was home to grab my room mate, Terri, and off to my friend Rick's for some Christmas Cheer!


Me, Rick, whom I've known since grade 10, and his sister Teri


I call this one "Me and my Ter(r)ies"


The fixture Rick built for his stairway - very cool!


It's no secret, I like tequila (thanks a lot, S.!) and Rick sports some fine agave juice! Here's my glass on the bar, and in case you can't read the sign, it says "one more Fa La La and you're outta here!" Quite amusing, and very appropriate."


I ran into this fellow and his girlfriend on our way out the door - turns out we were in the same CTSR class in 1993 - he took Television, I took Radio

Off and running, Terri and I buzzed out to the airport to get Emarie who was flying in from Florida -- Welcome to "Sunny Alberta"! (um... yah, right...) I took a photo, but it was too dark to show - there's one of Emarie further down the post.


The next day it was dinner with my friend Sarah

We celebrated Family Christmas Eve a little early - on the 23rd.


Laura (my sister), Dezie the dog, Doug (my BIL), Aunty M., Dad and Mom


There was a puppet show, too! Uncle David was impressed.


My nephew, Daniel was too, but I think he was more interested in the video games and how to get the headphones to work on the stereo!

Then there was Christmas Eve. Terri was home with Emarie so the three of us decided to crank up some tunes, and Terri learned how to 'play DJ'!

Terri learning to DJ in the new office - moved to the front room, but still in a state of transition.


"DJ-Mastah-T" at the controls... T stands for something else too, yes?


Tiki partied with us too, and here we see her after her first beer! (Emarie is at the table keeping a low profile!)

Yesterday, my neighbour Jim came over to help buck up the firewood in my pile. Big chunks of log were soon cut down to manageable sizes for chopping. Norm showed up too, but I didn't manage to snap a photo of him.


As I snapped this photo, Jim says, "My agent will be in touch."


The North end of the original pile. I seem to collect free firewood - this wood came from four trees my neighbour cut down to open their front yard.


The new pile starting at the South end - neater, cleaner and easier to chop!



While Jim ran the saw, I prepped a fire. We later had smokies and hot chocolate... oh, and beer... AFTER power tools!


The gang was sledding over at the park and joined us for hot chocolate. Here, my sister looks rather... chilly!

That's it for now... hopefully a "year in review" will follow at the close of 2007. Til then, blessings all, and remember the fine, quality people in your life.

Turtle out.

6 comments:

ipm said...

hey looks like you had some very happy Christmas celebrations!

if I don't get back before Monday, a happy 2008 to you too!

Bare said...

Wow! It looks like you've been one busy turtle-- well, anything but a turtle actually! :0) I'm glad you've been surrounded by those near and dear during the holidays! Best wishes for a safe and happy new year! *hugs*

Roshanthi said...

Looks like you've had a lovely Christmas! Loved all the pictures.

Just stopped by to wish you and your family a wonderful New Year!

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Dave,

My, you have been very busy.

Happy New Year,
Janice~

Anonymous said...

most excellent....Love the new hair!

Bare said...

Haven't seen you in awhile! Hope you're doing ok *hugs*

About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
English student, Pottery enthusiast, Yoga novice and lover of all people. I make friends over a warm handshake and a beverage. I discover, every day, someone willing to help me along my path.